Thursday, January 21, 2010

Basketball, my first love.

I haven't wrote anything in the blog for a while. I don't know why, but life has been pretty eh right now. Not terribly bad or anything, but not anything spectacular at the same time.

I was going through some of my pictures and I ended up at the picture that is above this post right now. A picture of me and my boys after we won a basketball tournament in Queens. The first and last 1st place for me haha. It was a real fun time and I miss ballin' it up.

I guess this is going to be a detour post from my normal posts because it might be something that might not make you smarter or make you go, "Woah, that's crazy!" But this is one of my enjoyments and you can know a bit of my life right here.

I recently sacrificed playing ball for a few months so that I wouldn't injure my ankle for snowboarding. Every year I happen to sprain my ankle or mess up my ankle some way right before the ski resorts and mountains open up. This limits me from going all out when I ride and attempt to do tricks. It happens every year, so this year I decided to be a tad bit smarter. I guess it paid off too.

The whole time, I missed ballin' like crazy. At times I just wanted to go out in the middle of the night to Marine Park and just go shoot around a bit. Run around on the black top. Hear the swoosh of the net. The metal clanging from an overshot shot.

It's one of my getaways. It helps me to relax and just feel good. I love sweating and gasping for air after a series of fastbreaks and buckets. I feel so at ease when I'm playing, but at the same time there is the competition side.

Basketball can get very intense and competitive. A prideful person like me can really take a game seriously and it could get really heated easily. A mistaken call, an extra dribble. Whatever the case may be. But, I'm ready to ball it up again.

This has to be one of the weirdest posts I have ever written, but I didn't have to think much and the words just came out. The vivid images just came through my mind as my fingers did their work. I don't know, I feel good. I feel pretty peaceful right now. But Marine Park, I'm coming back to you soon baby.

P.S. I miss ballin' with the 1st place winners. You can see them up above.

Later,
CHUNG #3

2 comments: